Further Training Offers for Archives and Public Libraries
The archives advisory service provides further education and training opportunities for employees in the archives. These offers are oriented towards current needs. We welcome suggestions and requests concerning new topics. We are also happy to answer questions about the events.
Online consultation hours for archives in the state of Brandenburg for the 1st half of 2023
(each from 14:00 to 15:00)
- 25 January 2023
- 22 February 2023
- 22 March 2023
- 19 April 2023
- 24 May 2023
- 28 June 2023
State conferences of the district archives and archives of the independent cities of Brandenburg
- 27 March 2023, 13:30 to 15:00 (digital)
- 21 June 2023 (Potsdam)
- 23 October 2023, 13:30 to 15:00 (digital)
- 18 December 2023, 13:30 to 15:00 (digital)
Online events for archives in the state of Brandenburg for the 1st half of 2023
(each from 10:00 to 13:00)
- 15 February 2023: Conservation _Condition Recording (speakers: Sabrina Heumüller and Friederike Nithack)
- 15 March 2023: Archival Law _Advanced Rights of Inspection (Speaker: Prof. Dr. Michael Scholz)
- 19 April 2023: Workshop "Archive Tectonics" (Speaker: Prof. Dr. Michael Scholz)
- 17 May 2023: Final theses by FHP graduates for practical use
The following technical equipment must be available for the use of the virtual offerings: PC or laptop with internet access, a headset or loudspeaker with microphone and - desirable - a webcam.
The training courses are currently offered via the online tool "Zoom". We will soon provide you with instructions on how to register.
Part-time qualification as specialist for media and information services/specialisation archive
This offer is aimed at employees without specialist training who are employed in positions with archival job profiles.
- The "Basic Course: Archives for Beginners" is aimed at employees without specialist archival training but who would like to familiarise themselves with these tasks.
- Further training certificate "Archives in the Information Age
The Marburg School of Archives offers both basic courses as an entry-level qualification for archivists working in archives without a specialist qualification, as well as advanced and extension courses for archival activities.
Area: Public libraries
As part of the library advisory service , the regional office offers a wide-ranging programme of events for staff in public libraries. The conferences, thematic seminars and events with a working group character are derived from current lines of development and ongoing projects in the library sector. They are practice-oriented and tailored to the needs of public libraries.