Deutschlandstipendium – Opening Paths at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
For more than ten years, the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam has been awarding German scholarships as part of the national scholarship programme of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Together with our sponsors, we support particularly committed and motivated students and help them to develop their talents and potential.
The Deutschlandstipendium is the scholarship for gifted students and top students according to the National Scholarship Act and supports the best students of the year with 300 euros per month. The focus is on performance, talent and special commitment: good grades and academic achievements count just as much as the willingness to take on responsibility or the successful mastering of obstacles in one's own life and educational path.
The scholarship money is paid independently of income and parents and is granted in addition to benefits of the german federal training assistance act (BAföG) for at least two semesters and at most until the end of the standard period of study and does not have to be repaid. The Deutschlandstipendium is funded in equal parts by private donors and committed companies and by the federal government: 150 euros come from the private sector and 150 euros from the public sector.
The selection committee with members of the university management, the departments and the student body decides on the funding.
The University of Applied Sciences Potsdam awards Deutschlandstipendien every year in the winter semester to support particularly talented, high-achieving students.
The next application procedure starts in June 2023.
Written application by e-mail
Please send in ONE e-mail
- the application data sheet as an open form
- the application documents to be enclosed (see below)
in a pdf file (max. 10 MB) in due form and time to email@example.com .
The date of receipt by e-mail applies. Applications not submitted in due form and time will not be considered in the selection process.
You can apply for a Deutschlandstipendium at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam if you:
- are enrolled at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam for the winter semester 2023/24 and are within the standard period of study during the funding period
- have outstanding academic or professional achievements in your studies or have already achieved outstanding academic or professional achievements as a first-year student prior to your studies
- do not receive any other talent- and performance-related material support from the organisations for the promotion of gifted students, the Academic Exchange Service, the Foundation "Begabtenförderung berufliche Bildung" or comparable institutions of the Länder or foreign bodies, the monthly average of which reaches or exceeds 30 euros.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Application data sheet
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- letter of motivation
- Current certificate of enrolment for the 2023 summer semester
- University entrance qualification and, if available, proof of academic achievements to date (current overview of grades and credits earned)
- For students in Master's programmes, final grade of the previous Diplom or Bachelor's programme
- Internship and work references
- Proof of special awards and prizes
- Proof of other knowledge and further commitment
- Proof of family responsibilities, e. g. children and/or care of close relatives
- Evidence of chronic illnesses / impairments in a separate pdf document to the Representative for the Interests of University Members with Disabilities
Criteria for the granting of a scholarship according to the guidelines of the University of Applied Sciences are:
- Grade of the higher education entrance qualification, if available grade or score of the aptitude test, as well as special study-relevant qualifications, if applicable.
- Chronological course of studies and academic achievements to date, ECTS points, results of intermediate examinations or Vordiplom (intermediate diploma)
- for students in Master's degree programmes, final grade of the previous diploma or Bachelor's degree programme
- previous professional activity and internships
- additional results such as special achievements, awards and prizes, extracurricular or extracurricular involvement such as voluntary work or social, societal and (university) political involvement and participation in religious communities, associations and clubs,
- Special personal and family aspects, in particular looking after one's own children or relatives in need of care, one's own physical or mental impairment, employment during studies and one's own educational biography.
The President of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam approves the scholarships on the basis of the proposals of the selection committee using established selection criteria.
The approval period is one year and begins in the winter semester.