The City of Potsdam
Green & Blue
Potsdam has a lot to offer with parks, palaces and gardens as well as distinctive cultural offerings. The beautiful lakescape of the Havel also invites you to linger in the surrounding area.
Discover the State Capital
You can find current events in the calendar of events of the city of Potsdam.
In addition to the own library of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam, there are other libraries in Potsdam available to you.
- Library of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
- City and State Library (SLB)
- Library of the University of Potsdam (free registration for students of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam)
- Library ofthe Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF (free registration for students of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam)
The Volkshochschule provides various continuing education opportunities for students as well.
In the Green
The city of Potsdam consists largely of parks, castles, rivers and lakes.
In the various cultural centres in Potsdam, you can help to shape things, live out your individual and creative life and celebrate.
The museum landscape in Potsdam offers a variety of cultural activities. There are usually reduced admission prices for students.
Potsdam has been the cradle of film in Germany since 1911. In addition to cinemas with diverse and varied programmes, various film festivals are held here, and Babelsberg, the media city, is a creative hotbed for media experts and connoisseurs of all ages.
Theatre & Dance
The theatre scene in Potsdam presents a broad spectrum of productions – classical, creative, international.
For music enthusiasts, Potsdam offers a wealth of choirs, orchestras and venues.
- Choir Havelpop (founded at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam)
- University Orchestra Sinfonietta Potsdam
- German Film Orchestra Babelsberg
- Junge Philharmonie Brandenburg
- Kammerakademie Potsdam
- Neues Kammerorchester Potsdam
- Singakademie Potsdam
- Fanfarenzug Potsdam