Study outside Europe - Bilateral Exchange
Europe is not enough for you? Then take part in our bilateral exchange programme. Here you habe the opportunity to study at one of our partner universities outside Europe for one or two semesters.
Bilateral Exchange Programme at a glance
You will study between three and twelve months in a coordinated programme at one of the partner universities of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam. You will be supported by the International Office in your preparation and during your stay.
Recognition of academic achievement
The exchange programme clearly regulates the recognition of achievements made abroad at University of Applied Sciences Potsdam - this allows you to easily integrate the study stay at our partner university into your studies.
Tuition fees at the partner university are dropped. You will have to take care of further financing yourself.
We are happy to advise you on suitable financing options for stays at our other partner universities.
Who can participate?
You can apply for a place in the exchange programme if you
- are enrolled in a full-time programme of study (degree programme) at University of Applied Sciences Potsdam. International students who do not have their main residence in the target country may also apply.
- are at least in their 3rd semester of higher education at the beginning of the stay.
- can prove that they have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction at the partner university. Depending on the partner university, you may have to prove this by providing proof of language proficiency.
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Current transcript of records (extract from My.Campus)
- Language certificate(s) for the language of instruction
- Portfolio (for design degree programmes)
The International Affairs Officer in your degree programme or department will make a decision together with the International Office. Several aspects play a role in the selection: your academic performance, your motivation and the meaningfulness of the planned stay in relation to your studies or career goal, as well as your knowledge of the language of instruction.
PROMOS scholarship at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
The PROMOS scholarship provides financial support for your study stay at a partner university abroad. You can apply at the International Office at University of Applied Sciences Potsdam.
Overview of funding opportunities
We have compiled an overview of the funding opportunities for your stay abroad. If you need advice, please make an appointment with the International Office.