Buddy Programme – Support for International Students
Get in touch – be a Buddy!
You are about to start your studies at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam and are looking for support at the beginning of your studies?
You would like to gain intercultural experiences, make new international contacts and ease the start of your studies?
Become a FHP Buddy
As an FHP Buddy, you support new international students at the start of their studies with questions about studying at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam and everyday life in Potsdam and Berlin.
Reasons to become a FHP Buddy
As a Buddy
- you will make contact with international students,
- get to know other cultures and languages,
- experience everyday life in Germany from a different perspective,
- you will support others settling in to a new city/country,
- you can share your experiences,
- you have the opportunity to take part in FHP Connect events together,
- you will receive a certificate of your voluntary commitment.
FHP Buddy tasks
- Establishing contact (before arrival, on arrival, after the start of studies)
- Assistance with orientation at the university, in Potsdam or Berlin
- Individual support with everyday questions and with studying
- Support in dealing with authorities/language barriers
Requirements for FHP Buddies
- Interest in exchange with international students
- Knowledge of University of Applied Sciences Potsdam - at least 2nd semester
- For the certificate: short documentation of the meetings/experience report (template)
Information on data processing
Participation in the Buddy Programme is voluntary. The data provided will be collected, processed and stored by the International Office solely for the purpose of assigning buddy pairs. In order to contact you, we will forward your contact details (surname, first name, email) to the FHP Buddy Partner. The personal data collected for the purpose of buddy assignment will be deleted once the procedure has been completed. Your contact data will be deleted at the end of the respective academic year.
By registering, you consent to your details being processed within the framework of the Buddy Programme.
You can revoke your consent in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. In this case, your data will be deleted immediately.