3 x 3 h Digital Workshop "Scientific Presentations with clarity, impact and style"
This highly interactive and participative presentation course is a lively mix of tutorials, exercises and feedback. Learn from a native-speaker how to use and improve your spoken English skills. Create your own online presentation in English and learn how to sound professional, confident, clear and exciting.
- What makes a great academic or scientific presentation?
- What is the essential difference for online presentations?
- How to write with focus and impact – tailored to your audience
- Developing a key message - How to make your message memorable
- Voice and body language for on-screen presentations
- Techniques to overcome nerves
- Involving and engaging the audience from a distance – and keeping them engaged
- Effective slide design
- Managing your on-screen appearance: lighting, backgrounds, filters, using the camera
- How to use online videoconference software to best effect e. g. Zoom, Webex, etc.
As part of this workshop, participants are asked to prepare a 5-minute online presentation
- Individual presentation practice (workshop)
- Feedback and individual coaching
- Dealing with audience questions
- ‘Insurance’ against what might go wrong
Until 20th March 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer Mark Edwards
Mark has been working with doctoral students in Germany to help them transform their communication in English for more than eleven years. He began his career by co-founding and operating a successful marketing and graphic design business.
Following this, Mark gained more than fifteen years experience of working in blue-chip companies (British Petroleum, GlaxoSmithKline) and as a National Training Manager for a network of over 300 businesses. Since 2010, Mark has been successfully delivering specialised English courses in Germany in association with Kompetenzia International Clients include major universities and research institutes in Berlin and all over Germany.