Committees & Commissioners of the Social and Educational Sciences Department
Committees at a Glance
The departmental council is a body elected by the department, which includes representatives of the professors as well as scientific and technical staff and student representatives. Important decisions of the department are made by the departmental council. These include, among other things, the enactment of statutes such as study and examination regulations, decisions on structural and development planning or decisions on appointments.
The examination board is a body elected by the departmental council to decide on all matters relating to the department's examination regulations. The examination board is responsible for compliance with the examination regulations and for the proper conduct of the examinations. The examination board also decides on all applications and exceptions or special regulations relevant to examinations.
The student council (StuRa) represents the interests of the students in the department. It is the first point of contact for questions or problems and mediator between students, lecturers and the dean's office. The StuRa promotes student projects, coordinates student activities and events in the department and looks after first-year students.
The departmental council meetings will take place online in teams in WS 2021/22 until further notice. If you are interested in participating as a guest, please send an email to the chair Arne von Boetticher or to the member Alfred Melchior. You will then receive a link as a guest. According to the basic regulations of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam, the proposal for the agenda is regularly sent to the elected representatives of the status groups one week before the meeting.
Student Council (StuRa)
- Dominic Elsner
- Lorenz Jansen
- Laura Kubitzke
- Sinaida Liebelt
- Charlene Mirtschin
- Johanna Mündelein
- Lisa Sartorius
- Raoul Sagittarius
- Luisa Vallbracht
- Lotte Vogel
- represents the interests of the students within the department
- coordinates student activities and events in the department
- promotes student projects within the department (see project promotion)
- is the contact person for problems with lecturers, orientation difficulties and exams
- sends students to internal departmental committees
- You can find all minutes of the student council meetings here
Project funding by the StuRa
- Who? Every enrolled student of the department.
- How much? In principle, funding of up to 300 euros is possible. In exceptional cases, funding of up to 800 euros is possible.
- For what? Student projects that are related to the teaching content and/or have a student added value (for at least five students not involved in the project).
- How? You can send us the application in advance by e-mail; in parallel, you should make an appointment with us and present the project to us in person.
The application consists of:
- an informal cover letter (justification of the application)
- the project application form
- a project description (What are you planning to do? What do you want to achieve with the project?)
- a cost breakdown (what do you want to spend money on and how much of it should the StuRa cover).
We can only pay out money if you have already paid in advance. You will only receive your money if you have submitted an accounting sheet and project documentation (written documentation, pictures desired) to us at the end of the project.
Support for teaching projects with examination performance
In principle, such projects (e.g. teaching projects/student projects in the 5th semester of Social Work) may not be funded unless the workload of the project clearly exceeds an examination performance and a student added value is created for all students. If this is the case, please ask your lecturer to fill out the relevant form.