Digital Teaching - Services for Media Didactics and E-Learning
Do you need media-didactic support in designing and implementing your online classroom? Would you like to expand your digital skills in the classroom through further training and self-learning courses? You would like to be informed about current developments in digital teaching and strategic further developments of digital teaching at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam? ZEDI is the first point of contact for all lecturers at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam who would like to inform themselves about, further educate and develop themselves in the field of digital teaching.
First Steps in Digital Teaching
Here you can find out what the first organisational steps are, for example, to set up an online course room or an online conference or to create a video lecture.
Desire for further training
Here you can find out which further education and self-learning courses we are currently offering. You will also find numerous other opportunities for further training.
Help for teachers
Here you can find out how and where you can get media-didactic support from us.
ZEDI Teaching Moodle Course
We inform you about current developments in digital teaching and offers at the University of Applied Sciences via the ZEDI Teaching Moodle course. There you will receive regular newsletters on digital teaching. If you are new to teaching at the UAS, send us an email and we will register you.
About the ZEDI
In order to promote digital teaching and to support lecturers in the conception and implementation of digital teaching offers, the Digital Teaching Unit (ZEDI) was established at University of Applied Sciences Potsdam in December 2020 as a service-oriented operating unit for teaching activities. In addition, ZEDI advises the responsible units and decision-making bodies of the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam on issues related to the strategic development of digital teaching.
- Further education and counselling of professors and academic staff with a regular teaching load at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam in the area of media didactics as well as the creation of sustainable central self-learning offers. ZEDI offers are also available to external lecturers.
- Help desk for lecturers in the departments who realise their e-learning support centrally via ZEDI.
- Steering of the media-didactic further development of the university-wide E-Learning Management System on the basis of the needs of the departments
- Exchange with the teaching staff of the departments and support in the further development of digital teaching through advice, concepts and media-didactic support
- Conception and implementation of development projects in digital teaching with an overarching orientation and relevance to media didactics
- Networking with state-wide and supra-regional actors for the exchange of information and division of labour.
Projects of ZEDI
Digital occupational safety
The project "Occupational Safety and Health Digital" made an important contribution to the further training of staff and teachers in digital teaching. Web-based trainings on the topic of occupational safety and health in the wood workshop were created as part of the project. The trainings and accompanying materials are made available free of charge as OER materials for subsequent use. Target groups include applied universities, technical-oriented schools, vocationally-oriented further education providers and craft enterprises.
Feedback on courses: fast and anonymous.
An open-source plug-in for Moodle - developed during the digital semester and co-developed by students in cooperation with ZEDI - Digital Teaching Unit at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam and the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg.