Online Scientific Presentations with clarity, impact and style – Workshop with Marc Edwards for PhD students and Postdocs
This highly interactive and participative presentation course is a lively mix of tutorials, exercises and feedback. Learn from a Native-speaker how to use and improve your spoken English skills. The course also looks at the latest thinking in presentation theory. Create your own online presentation in English and learn how to sound professional, confident, clear and exciting.
The workshop will take place over three days:
Wednesday 21st September: 14.00 – 17.00
Thursday 22nd September: 9.00 – 12.00
Wednesday 28th September: 9.00 – 12.00
• What makes a great academic or scientific presentation?
• What ist he essential difference for online presentations?
• How to write with focus and impact – tailored to your audience
• Developing a key message – How to make your message memorable
• Voice and body language for on-screen presentations
• Techniques to overcome nerves
• Involving and engaging the audience from a distance – and keeping them engaged
• Effective slide design
• Managing your on-screen appearance: lighting, backgrounds, filters, using the camera
• How to use online videoconference software to best effect e.g Zoom, Webex, etc.
As part of this workshop, participants are asked to prepare a 5-minute online presentation
• Individual presentation practice (workshop)
• Feedback and individual coaching
• Dealing with audience questions
• ‘Insurance’ against what might go wrong
Since 2010 Marc Edwards has been successfully delivering specialised English courses in Germany in association with Kompetenzia International. Clients include major universities, research institutes and well-known national companies. He began his career by co-founding and operating a successful marketing and graphic design business. Following this, he gained more than fifteen years' experience of working in blue-chip companies (British Petroleum, GlaxoSmithKline) and as a National Training Manager for a network of over 300 businesses. Marc Edwards is an expert on all aspects of scientific communication in English, in the written, visual and verbal forms.
Registration until 1st September 2022 to: email@example.com